The release of iRise 11.1 includes a number of exciting features that make it even easier to build dynamic prototypes. Here are some of the highlights.
New settings in the Format panel allow you to rotate and flip just about any widget, including Sections! You can even rotate widgets in 3D space by using X- and Y- rotation along with perspective. To add interactivity, use Actions to rotate widgets in response to a user event like Click or Swipe. Here's an example of rotate attached to a swipe left action and a card flip animation:
Add Your Own CSS
iRise 11.1 adds support for custom CSS, snippets of code that define how a widget should appear. You can use it to add shadows, gradients, and more...
Try pasting the CSS below into Format Panel (under Advanced):
box-shadow: 0px 4px 8px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px black;
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(30,87,153,1) 0%, rgba(41,137,216,1) 50%, rgba(32,124,202,1) 51%, rgba(125,185,232,1) 100%);
You can now insert HTML into any Section widget, which makes easy to embed maps, videos, and charts from other sites. Just grab the embed code or HTML snippet from Google Maps, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, or Google Docs and paste it into the settings for a Section.
You'll find the the Insert HTML box at the bottom of the Settings tab:
FontAwesome Icon Support
Editor now includes support for FontAwesome, a font that gives you access to more than 600 scalable vector icons that you can easy size, color, flip, and rotate. To insert, just copy any icon from the fontawesome.io/cheatsheet and paste it into a Text or Button widget. Then apply the FontAwesome font.
11.1 also includes a number of helpful updates that will be especially appreciated by existing users. They include:
- No more chapter lock-out: Screens and Masters with unsupported (Studio) content are no longer completely locked. Only the unsupported widgets locked so you can make changes to the rest of the page.
- Lock aspect ratio: You can now lock the aspect ratio for most widgets. If you change one dimension (height or width), the other dimension will automatically be changed to maintain the shape and proportions.
- "Empty view" support: When creating Viewstacks, you can now create an "empty view" which can be used as an invisible view or as a placeholder for another widget.
- Copy to another project: You can now copy screens, masters, and widgets to another project.
- Copy actions: You can now copy and paste actions from one widget to another. Copy a single action or the entire action sequence.
See the Release Notes for a full list of updates in iRise 11.1.