We’re happy to announce the release of iRise 8.11. The biggest news of the release is that the iRise platform now supports simulations for the iPhone 5, including the ability to review your simulations on the actual device using the latest iRise mobile app. We understand how important it is that businesses have the ability to test their apps on the actual devices their customers use, and given that the iPhone 5 has broken sales records, we viewed this update as essential.
Along with the iPhone 5 related features, iRise 8.11 includes the following new features for creating interactive simulations quicker and easier, enabling collaboration and jump-starting the code writing process – whether for mobile, web or desktop apps:
- Simplified data capture: Data is now automatically captured in user input fields. Forms are no longer required to capture user input fields. When an action is executed that has data flow from a widget on the page, the data is captured automatically to save users time.
- Easier creation of data table widgets: When inserting a data-driven table widget, you can choose a source datasheet and columns.
- Pixel perfect image options: When resizing an image from a corner drag handle, an image’s aspect ratio is maintained for a more accurate simulation of the final product.
- Email notification support in Definition Center: Authenticated SMTP settings in the iRise Definition Center support email notifications.
- New language support: iDoc Reader is now available in German.
iRise Studio is also now supported on Windows 8 Desktop and Mac OS X 10.8.